Disney as a company has had a really long run and many important events have occurred throughout it. For that reason, I decided to start a new section for my Disney History blog, called Today in Disney History. This is my way of acknowledging the many years of dedication and effort that the company's people have worked to bring us all the magic that Disney translates into in our daily life. Some of these events may be smaller, while some others may have been more important for history but, all in all, they are what makes Disney what it is today.
- 1922: Walt Disney incorporates his cartoon company Laugh-o-gram Films.
- 1982: The TV special Computers Are People Too! is released, exploring interaction possibilities between people and computers.
- 1983: Tokyo Disneyland welcomes its 1-millionth guest.
- 1996: Disney joins McDonald's in a multi-national marketing alliance that lasts 10 years.
- 2001: The Magic Carpets of Aladdin open at the Magic Kingdom.
- 2009: My Little Princess, a Disney boutique for little girls opens at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel.